Linear-on-the-fly testing (LOFT) lets you create a unique test for each candidate using items based on domain and psychometric data. This style of testing ensures item exposure is optimised across your bank of items, meaning that individual items are never overexposed or underutilised.
- About the LOFT/Adaptive screen – The LOFT/Adaptive screen in Test Creation displays all test forms with at least one external optimiser section. In this screen, you can add content to external optimiser sections and find tests containing external optimiser sections.
- Editing a LOFT/Adaptive test form – You can edit test forms containing external optimiser sections from the LOFT/Adaptive screen. In the Edit Test Form screen, you can define an item pool and view the structure of your LOFT/Adaptive test form.
- Defining rules for a LOFT section – You can create content and psychometric rules based on tags and IRT values in tests with LOFT sections in the Define Rules screen.
- Uploading rules to a LOFT section – You can choose to upload an XML file containing the rules for your LOFT section.
- Uploading psychometric targets to a LOFT section – You can upload psychometric targets in the Define Rules screen to set the desired Test Information Function (TIF) for all test forms that will be generated by the LOFT algorithm.
- Simulating a LOFT test form – Simulate your test form to check that the item pool and rules behave as expected for the LOFT section.