You can add source material to items in Item Authoring. Source material are files that candidates need to refer to when answering a question. Source material is added to the question stem and is not visible until candidates select a button. You can use the following media as source material:
- A DOCX file
- A PDF file
- A TXT file
- An XLSX file
- A ZIP file
- A custom HTML file (HTML source material)
- An approved webpage (URL source material)
Follow the links to learn more about source material in Surpass.
- Creating HTML source material – You can create richly formatted source material using HTML markup directly in the Surpass media library. Using HTML source material removes the need for third-party apps (like PDF authoring tools) when creating source material for items.
- Creating URL source material – You can create source material that lets candidates access specific web pages during a test. This allows you to provide controlled access to the internet when candidates sit tests in locked-down SecureClient.
- Adding source material to an item – Instructions on how to add source material to items in Item Authoring.
- Using the Source Material panel in Item Authoring – Details on how to use the Source Material panel when creating items in Item Authoring. The Source Material panel lets you view source material side-by-side with item content.
- About the Surpass PDF viewer – An overview of how to use the PDF viewer in the test driver to navigate and read source material documents.
For more information about using media in Surpass, read About the Surpass media library.